Advancing Hospice Palliative Care
In 2011, the Quality Hospice Palliative Care Coalition, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and the Local Health Integration Networks collaborated through an engagement process with stakeholders across Ontario to publish recommendations on Hospice Palliative Care.
A Declaration of Partnership and Commitment to Action report informed the decision to have a regional structure responsible for hospice palliative care in each Local Health Integration Network (LHIN).
Mississauga Halton LHIN established a Regional Hospice Palliative Care Steering Committee (RHPCSC) and Sub-Committees in 2012.
The role of the Regional Hospice Palliative Care Steering Committee (RHPCSC) is to provide strategic leadership in planning, educating, coordination and evaluating comprehensive hospice palliative care. The RHPCSC submitted a 3-year strategic plan to the LHIN on April 1, 2013 to reflect the needs and priorities of individuals and their families across all care settings of the Mississauga Halton LHIN.
For an overview of the 3-Year Strategic Plan please click here
For a copy of the 3-Year Strategic Directions and Objectives please click here
The current membership of the RHPCSC includes palliative care providers, the public and senior level representatives of the various sectors where patients receive care, including Hospices, Hospitals, Long-Term Care Homes, Community Care Access Centres and Community Supports Services.
The new Sub-Committees established by the steering committee include:
1. Service Delivery
2. Performance and Quality
3. Innovative Palliative Projects
4. Knowledge Translation, Communication and Community Engagement
RHPC Steering Committee Group Members
RHPCSC Sub-Committee Members
Hospice Palliative Care Provincial Steering Committee
- Mississauga Halton Hospice Palliative Care website www.mhhpc.ca.
- This website provides patients facing life limiting illnesses, their families, health care providers and physicians with current clinical information, resources and educational opportunities in hospice palliative care.
- LHINfo Minute: Providing Leadership in Quality Hospice Palliative Care in Mississauga Halton
- The Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) wishes to announce the formation of the Regional Hospice Palliative Care Steering Committee (RHPCSC).
- Palliative Care HealthAchieve 2013 Presentation
If you would like more information on Hospice Palliative Care, please contact Shehnaz Fakim at 905-337-7131 ext. 232 or Shehnaz.email@example.com at the Mississauga Halton LHIN.