The Regional Continence Program Collaborative works to enrich, optimize and maintain the health and wellness of Mississauga Halton LHIN residents through enhanced awareness, access, assessment and support by promoting bladder and bowel management. The collaborative includes representation from caregivers and a variety of health service providers who have knowledge of, expertise in, and/or a focus on the target population.
Work of the collaborative has included:
- A data review that is informing baseline practice, education, clinics and population needs
- Identifying the client and their needs
- A review of a centralized intake/referral process
- A review of the clinic operational structures and geographically appropriate services
- The proposed education and skills training required to support patients, clients and caregivers (formal and informal) in the Mississauga Halton LHIN
- Implementation of system performance indicators for trending and analysis