Acknowledgement of Mississauga Halton LHIN Support
Health service providers who hold a Multi-Sector Service Agreement (M-SAA) or a Long-Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreement (L-SAA) with the Mississauga Halton LHIN, must acknowledge the funding support of Mississauga Halton LHIN in their materials.
This includes printed and electronic materials that are produced for the public such as:
• Annual Reports
• Program/Service specific materials (funded by the Mississauga Halton LHIN)
• Organizational Websites
Two options are available for acknowledging Mississauga Halton LHIN support: inclusion of the LHIN Agency logo on publications or identification by name.
Note: In all cases acknowledgment should be done in the most cost efficient manner and any existing printed materials should be retained for use. Acknowledgement can be added as materials are redesigned or reprinted.
Option One: Identification by LHIN Agency Logo
Use of the LHIN logo is the preferred manner to acknowledge Mississauga Halton LHIN support. If you are a designated organization, the bilingual Mississauga Halton LHIN logo must appear on your website. If you are a non-designated organization, please use the appropriate unilingual logo.
Some simple standards include:
- The agency logo must appear in either black or white (reverse) only.
- In print materials the logo should be no less than 1 ¼ inches wide.
- On the web, the logo should be 180 pixels wide and a minimum of 150 pixels high.
- On the web, the logo must link to the Mississauga Halton LHIN website – www.mhlhin.on.ca. We recommend that this link opens to a new browser window/tab.
- When the logo shares space with text or other graphic elements, it is essential to allow sufficient space around the logo so that it is clearly visible. The appropriate amount of clear space is based on using the capital “O” and “n” of the Ontario wordmark (see example). This simple formula can be used regardless of size.
Inclusion of the logo on any printed or electronic materials (i.e. websites) should be formatted to contain the words “Supported by:” – see example below.
Option Two: Statement of Support
The Mississauga Halton LHIN recognizes that many of our health service providers have more than one funder, and therefore using all funder logos may not be feasible due to limited space. In this instance, HSPs may recognize the Mississauga Halton LHIN by name only. When using the name only, please use the following statement:
Support for the (insert Health Service Provider name) has been provided by the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) and the Government of Ontario.
Le (insérer le nom du fournisseur de services de santé) reçoit un soutien du Réseau local d’intégration des services de santé (RLISS) du Mississauga Halton et du gouvernement de l’Ontario.
Does the LHIN want to review all materials prior to printing?
The LHIN does not need to review all materials prior to printing, provided that the LHIN visual identity guidelines are followed. However, the Mississauga Halton LHIN reserves the right to request a reprint of materials that do not conform to the LHIN visual identity guidelines.
Who should I contact if I have any questions?
If you have any questions about acknowledgement of Mississauga Halton LHIN funding support in your publications, or about the Mississauga Halton LHIN visual identity guidelines, please contact the Mississauga Halton LHIN’s Senior Lead Communication at Maureen.Buchanan@lhins.on.ca or 1-866-371-5446 ext 206.
Thank you for your support and effort in recognizing the Mississauga Halton LHIN as a funder.