Join us for the launch of the Mississauga Halton LHIN Exercise and Fall Prevention Strategy
- Learn about the Fall Prevention Strategy and Framework
- Hear from a panel of experts about building a culture of fall prevention
- Network and visit display booths
- Learn about the important role of exercise, foot care, vision care, medication and continence in the prevention of falls
This event is for those working in health care, community support services or with an interest in fall prevention.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
12:30 p.m.-4 p.m.
Halton Region Auditorium
1151 Bronte Rd., Oakville
Click here to register.
Questions? Contact Angela Erkan at 905-829-7004 x 187
2017 Health Equity Symposium
Building Interconnections: Health Equity and the Social Determinants of Health
The Mississauga Halton LHIN in partnership with Summit Housing and Outreach Programs (SHOP) is pleased to present the 2017 Health Equity Symposium. Learn how to improve health care and quality through standardized socio-demographic data collection and analysis for system transformation and join your colleagues in exploring the interconnections between health equity and the social determinants of health. Click here to learn more about health equity in the Mississauga Halton LHIN and past health equity symposiums.
Friday, March 24, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Centre for Health & Safety Innovation Conference Centre
5110 Creekbank Road
Click here to register.
Ed Castro | Senior Lead, Health System Development | Mississauga Halton LHIN
Carrie Parkinson | Senior Lead, Health System Performance | Mississauga Halton LHIN
2nd Annual Mississauga Halton LHIN Health Expo
This Health Expo is for you if you are at risk of chronic conditions or living with a chronic condition such as Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease, Osteoporosis, COPD, Asthma, Kidney Diseases, etc. The Health Expo is also for you if you are taking care of a person with a chronic condition. Join us to learn ways to master healthy eating, getting active, keeping medications organized and simple strategies to cope with stress.
Attendees of the Mississauga Halton LHIN Health Expo Can:
*limited to the first 200 participants
- Sample healthy food and learn from food demos
- Speak with Regulated Health Professionals
- Learn healthy living habits from trustworthy professionals
- Find out how to access health resources in your community
- Learn how to take charge of your health
- Get free giveaways such as: therabands and a full bag of fresh produce*
The Health Expo is committed to providing an opportunity that is accessible and equitable for residents to receive trustworthy information on living well.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
SVCC-St. Volodymyr Cultural Centre
1280 Dundas Street West, Oakville L6M 4H9
Sandy Rao | Senior Lead, Health System Development | Mississauga Halton LHIN
Betty Clara | Event Program Manager | Halton Healthcare